RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
Dose too high ...
Posted by: Catherine Deery ()
Date: 04 October, 2005 08:27AM

A patient had a high inr reading and the RAT program said to stop warfarin for 2 days. The repeat inr was 3.4. I tried inputting this latest result this morning, but got the message 'Dose too high ... consider warfarin intolerance.' It then gave a run time error and closed me out of the patient record, not saving the last result. The Practice Nurse also tried inputting it on her PC, but got the same message.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dose too high ...
Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 04 October, 2005 04:35PM

Dear Catherine,
Can I ask you to firstly update to the latest version.
v3.72
Do this by downloading the update from the website. Double click the file to update. Make sure you update all the PCs using RAT.
PLEASE ALSO READ the latest info re the update.
[ccgi.formulae.co.uk]

If this fails to solve it...
Go to the 'Yellow key ' icon
A window will appear.
Click on 'Repair Database'

Alternative is to modify the previous INR / Warfarin values, (though keep them the same) by pulling up the list of previous INRs, click on the latest row and click the modify button

I hope one of them works

Regards
Colm Rafferty

Posted by: Catherine Deery ()
Date: 05 October, 2005 08:58AM

Thanks Colm, I've tried to update RAT on my pc, but it won't update. I've clicked to download update, open + unzip the 5 files. I've also tried to save to computer - on my c drive in the program folder for Rat - What do I do then?

Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 05 October, 2005 11:16AM

Dear Catherine,
Your RAT program should be stored in the folder:
'C:\Program files\Rat version 3'
In this folder you will have about 11-13 files.
The RAT update file copies and overwrites 5 files into this folder. (RAT.exe, 2 help files, rat.exe.manifest file and a text file)

When you run the unzip program you should get a popup message re 'Recurrent DVT' and at the end you should get a document appearing detailing the update.

If you have unzipped them to another folder, copy and paste the 5 files into: 'C:\Program files\Rat version 3' folder

If there isn't a 'C:\Program files\Rat version 3' folder your original installation may have been altered to a different folder.

You need to do the above for all PCs running RAT.

Regards
Colm Rafferty

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software