RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
RAT Update
Posted by: Caroline ()
Date: 21 July, 2006 09:53AM

Hi there,

I cannot get the update to work. I have downloaded the file and when I double click on it, it then goes straight to a notepad saying it has done the installion. But when I go and look at the version on RAT it is still showing the old one.

It never gave me the option to unzip any files.

It would be helpful to get this done as our RAT programme is coming up with Run-time error 339 and wont allow us to add new patients, and when we try and print off the patient dosage it is just printing rubbish.

It also wont allow us to modify previous INR's, again coming up with the above run-time error.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RAT Update
Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 21 July, 2006 11:34AM

Dear Caroline,

The update automatically installs the update files in the folder:
C:\Program files\Rat Version 3

The default installation folder for RAT is:
'C:\Program files\Rat Version 3'

Your original installation must have RAT in a different folder.
The original default installation path was changed by who-ever installed RAT.
The RAT update will not know what that folder is.

You can check this in 2 ways.
1. Your current RAT icon/shortcut should tell you where your RAT has been installed. (Try right-clicking and choose properties)

2. Go to the C: drive, then to the 'Program files' folder.
You will probably find there are only 4 files in this folder. A full RAT installation in this folder would have 8-9 files.

If you find your original RAT path, then copy all the files from 'C:\Program files\Rat Version 3' to this folder.

Then start RAT again using your shortcut icon.

Let me know if this works

Regards
Colm Rafferty

Date: 25 July, 2006 02:03PM

Found where the RAT path was and downloaded the update into that file but it is still not working. I still just get a notepad when I double click on the update programme.

Also the bugs only seem to be with some users and not all.

Date: 26 July, 2006 07:52AM

Colm, the above has not worked. I did find the path to where RAT was and put he update in that folder but it still came up with a text file without unzipping anything.

Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 27 July, 2006 12:02PM

Dear Caroline,
Give me your contact phone number and best time to phone

Regards
Colm

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software