RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
method of working out who has had inr done that day
Posted by: margo donachie ()
Date: 17 March, 2010 08:04PM

We are hopefully about to start very soon with rats. I wonder if there is a way of showing on the database, people who have had an inr entered on that day- eg to put them in red for 24h. This is to allow us to check doses without having to print them out for each pt,. I also wonder if you can advise re whether medicolegally a dr or nurse should look at every inr or is the software so foolproof and medicallly defensible, that we can just get our receptionist to deal with inrs without our involvment. ( we dont have near pt testing)
thankyou for your help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: method of working out who has had inr done that day
Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 18 March, 2010 02:28PM

Dear Margo,
RAT does not list patients who have had INR done on that day.
I have never been asked for this before.
I will look at this for the next update.

I would advise you to print out the recommendations.
RAT is not infallible. It is only a guidance. The final arbiter is the clinican.
That clinician needs to be a GP/Doctor, not a nurse, as the nurse is not covered medico-legally for prescribing.
So the clinican can sign the printout verifying he/she has agreed to the doasge regimen.
I would advise against a non clinician entering the INR values.
Regards
Colm Rafferty

Options: ReplyQuote

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software