RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
Error on trying to Open Rat Programme
Posted by: Louise French ()
Date: 26 June, 2009 09:34AM

On trying to open the RAT programme, on the three PC's on which it is installed, we are getting the error message. 'Problem with setup database, maybe corrupted. Contact Network Adminsrator. IT at the board advised that we get a previous inr.mdb file restored from a previous backup. Emis accessed this and we overwrote the current one with a previous inr.mdb file. But the error message remains and RAT will not open. Please advise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error on trying to Open Rat Programme
Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 28 June, 2009 10:34AM

Dear Louise,
You are getting this message because you have lost the link to the INR.MDB database. The path to the INR.MDB file has been corrupted not the database itself.
Do you know the path to the INR.MDB file?
It is on a shared folder on the server?
Or is it on a PC?

Outside of RAT, can you go to where the INR.MDB file is?
Can you see it on the network?

I had one EMIS practice recently where they had a subfolder in the shared folder on the server which was deleted and hence RAT on ther PCs could not find the path giving the same message as yours.

As long as you have the INR.MDB file you can get back up and running.
Let me know the answers to the queries and I will give you further instructions.

Regards
Colm Rafferty
P.S I am currently on hols but as you can see I have found an internet cafe.
back after the twelfth!
I can phone you then if we cannot get it sorted before then

Date: 28 June, 2009 12:40PM

Dear Colm,

Thanks for your swift reply despite being on holiday, I very much appreciate your help. We have Rat installed on 3 PC's the files are stored in a shared folder. The folder can still be accessed and the inr.mbd file is still present in the shared folder along with 3 other other inr files. I hope this clarfies things. Thanks again

Louise

Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 29 June, 2009 01:04PM

Hi Louise,
As a trial can I ask you to install RAT on a fourth PC. Download from
[www.formulae.co.uk]
Run this install file.
Once installed start RAT on this PC.
You will see the ?valuation nag screen?appearing on startup
Click "I accept".
A starter menu will appear.
Click ?Close this starter menu?
Now go to the top menu to ?Database?
A submenu will appear
Choose ?Change network database?
A window will appear.
Go to the ?network places?and see if you can drill down to the shared folder on the server and link to the INR.MDB file.
Highlight ?the INR file when found and click ?open?.
If successful, you should be able to pull up all the patients via the ?red magnet?

If this works the next step is to copy a file called "start.rat"
from the "C:\Program files\Rat Version 3" of this 4th PC to the other 3 PCs in their same folder.
This "start.rat" file stores the path to the INR.MDB database

I hope this all makes sense.
Its too warm to sunbathe, Better inside playing with this computer that is all in Spanish! with a European keyboard that has all the symbols in the wrong places!

I?ll keep in touch
Colm

Date: 30 June, 2009 04:05PM

Dear Colm,

Thanks a million this worked a treat, we're back up and running. It's raining here so get some sun while you can. Thanks again I very much appreciate your help.

Louise

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software