RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
advice re merging 2 databases
Posted by: lynda haire ()
Date: 13 May, 2009 01:56PM

Practice have RAT system on 2 terminals within the Practice. On GP terminal the RAT system is pointing to a database on the main server labelled Rat 2. On the Practice Nurse terminal the system is pointing to a database on the main server labelled RAT Version 3.

Obviously the 2 machines need to be pointing to the 1 database on the main server. How do we go about amalgamating these 2 into 1. The Practice Nurse machine is the more up-to-date in relation to patients tested on site while the GP machine is the more up-to-date for patients tested in the community. As such simply cancelling 1 database and running with the other is not a viable option. Please advise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: advice re merging 2 databases
Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 13 May, 2009 08:38PM

Dear Lynda
There is no method of merging the RAT databases.
There would be 'Primary key' conflicts.
i.e., patients in the different databases have the same references
e.g. patient 26 will have previous INRs (an other data) referenced under the number 26, but there would be another patient 26 in the other database
So appending data is quite complicated.
So sorry about that.
The only why is to manually enter new patient data

Colm Rafferty

Posted by: lynda haire ()
Date: 20 May, 2009 03:53PM

See previous message - data from incorrect database on main server transferred across to correct database on main server and incorrect one deleted so that we have only one database in operation. The RAT software was then uninstalled and reinstalled from CD on the terminal which had been pointing to incorrect database. On reinstallation however we are getting a message saying we need to register for use of RAT because 120 day trial period is expired. Practice is already registered so presumably this is incorrect. The "Change Network Database" option on this 2nd machine won't let me alter the default INR.mdb to point to the correct database on our main server until this registration issue is resolved.

Please advise on how we instruct a 2nd terminal that Practice is already registered. I have tried the Register RAT option within the Help feature with no sucess. It asks for "Name" and Reg #". As we understand it this should be "Dr Etherson" and "1359" but it is not accepting this.

Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 21 May, 2009 04:55PM

Dear Lynda
I have sent your registation details to your email address
Regards
Colm Rafferty

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software