RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
Version upgrades
Posted by: John Moon ()
Date: 28 April, 2009 09:20AM

I have just downloaded the v3.8 upgrade to a shared folder in preparation for upgrading all the terminals on the same day. I already have in that folder the original set up file and an earlier upgrade. When I have to replace a PC, RAT needs to be re-installed on the new PC, so I normally run set up, then run the update, then change the database to the network location.

In future when I replace a PC will I have to run set up, then upgrade one (V 3.706 from memory), then the v3.8 upgrade, or can I leave out the earlier upgrade and go straight from set up to upgrade v3.8?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Version upgrades
Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 28 April, 2009 10:23AM

Dear John,
When you install on a fresh new PC you must do a full install. You can do this in one step by downloading the full product from the website (currently v3.804)
Regards
Colm Rafferty

Posted by: John Moon ()
Date: 08 July, 2009 11:34AM

SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN TAKING THIS FURTHER - HAVE BEEN SIDE TRACKED BY LOTS OF OTHER ISSUES. WHEN UPGRADING PCs WHICH ALREADY HAVE AN OLDER INSTALLATION CAN I DO IT FROM ONE DOWNLOAD FROM THE WEBSITE TO A SHARED FOLDER THEN ACTIVATE FROM INDIVIDUAL TERMINALS (QUICKER AND EASIER) OR SHOULD EACH TERMINAL BE UPGRADED STRAIGHT FROM THE WEBSITE?

Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 10 July, 2009 07:24AM

Dear John,
Just download and run the small update file: Rat_update.exe on each PC

Colm Rafferty

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software