RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
Missing INR results
Posted by: Ursula Quinn ()
Date: 28 January, 2008 11:45AM

Recently the practice staff and GP have noticed that previous INR readings have been disappearing from the INR history - is there any reason why this would be happening?

Ursula Quinn
Practice Manager

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing INR results
Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 29 January, 2008 12:39PM

Dear Ursula,
I am suspicious you are using RAT on more than one PC and all PCs are not accessing the same INR.MDB database.

To check you are accessing the correct INR.MDB , on the RAT top menu if you go to Help=>ABout RAT you will see a path.
If you are using one PC only it will be C:\Program files\Rat Version 3
If you are using more than one PC , they all should have the same path
It will start with \\

Regards
Colm Rafferty

Date: 01 February, 2008 09:32AM

Dear Dr Rafferty

Thank you for your reply of 29/1/2008.

Followed your instructions, my computer is: C\Program files\Rat Version 3 and Dr Johnston's PC in surgery is: P\RatBackup\inr.mdb. This was apparently set up so that it would automatically back up to the Server and a separate back up would not be necessary.

It seems that INRs done in the surgery are disappearing. Can you tell me how to amend this?

Best wishes

Ursula

Date: 05 February, 2008 01:05PM

Dear Ursula,
Obviously the two PCs are reading and writing to different databases.
This is why INR results have seemed to go missing. You will find they are in one or other database. This is why you need to be very careful when you setup RAT to be networked.

I suggest you use the P drive (e.g. P:\RAT DATADASE\inr.mdb). Maybe make another folder and point both pc to it. Copy the INR.MDB database that has been used most frequently to there.

To sort out historical results, you will have to enter them manually.
MAke sure when you have changed the network path on both PCs that you check they both point to this path by going to 'Help'->'About RAT'
They should both read the same.

Regards
Colm Rafferty

Posted by: ursula quinn ()
Date: 18 February, 2008 04:50PM

Dr Rafferty

Thanks for your e-mail of 5.2.08. Was off 2wks sick leave and tried to change RAT on my PC to P drive on my return, but unfortunately still could not get this to work.

Am at a loss to know what I'm doing wrong...I thought if I cut and pasted to P drive that this would work....Apologies for this...my IT abilities seem to be lacking!!

Best wishes

Ursula Quinn

Date: 18 February, 2008 05:46PM

Dear Ursula,
You need to start RAT, then go to top menu.
Choose 'Database'. A submenu will appear
Choose 'Change network database'
A window will appear.
From here you need to find the P drive, through 'network places'

After you have linked to it you can recheck that you are linked to it , by going to the top menu, choosing 'Help' A submenu will appear, choose 'About RAT'
A window will appear and it should read P:\etc...

Colm

Date: 19 February, 2008 01:18PM

Dear Dr Rafferty

Many thanks for your speedy response. At long last....success...am sure you're not sorry to hear!!!

Thanks again for bearing with me and I hope the Support Forum will not get a much deserved rest.

Best wishes

Ursula

Date: 22 February, 2008 11:50AM

Dr Rafferty

Alas, it is with regret that I have to inform you that the RAT software is still not storing INR results, despite both PCs being networked to the P Drive.

Have been keeping an eye on INRs done for the last few days and results that have been processed and printed off have gone missing.

Is there any other reason why this seems to be happening?

Ursula Quinn
Practice Manager

Date: 25 February, 2008 01:24PM

ursula quinn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dr Rafferty
>
> Alas, it is with regret that I have to inform you
> that the RAT software is still not storing INR
> results, despite both PCs being networked to the P
> Drive.
>
> Have been keeping an eye on INRs done for the last
> few days and results that have been processed and
> printed off have gone missing.
>
> Is there any other reason why this seems to be
> happening?
>
> Ursula Quinn
> Practice Manager

Date: 25 February, 2008 02:46PM

Dear Ursula
Please make absolutely sure that both RAT installations read exactly the same INR.MDB file. So their paths should read the same:
e.g. P:\rat pathway\rat folder\INR.MDB

I would suggest using one PC consistently as a trial to make sure that one is OK.

Also as a test , add an historical dummy INR to a patient on one RAT PC and save.
Then go to the second RAT PC and look for this dummy INR result. If it is not there, go back to the first PC and check you can read it from it. If so then the 2 PCs are reading different INR.MDB files

Let me know
Colm

Re: networking RAT
Posted by: Tina Fegan ()
Date: 24 April, 2008 11:01AM

can you tell me how to network rat so that our nurse can access the program from a different site.

We currently have 2 sites and have rat installed at each site. When the nurse is at one site she cannot access the patients at the other site.

We would be grateful for your help with this. We use EMIS pcs

THANK YOU

TINA FEGAN

Re: networking RAT
Date: 29 May, 2008 01:48PM

dear Tina,
You need to follow the instrucions in the help folder or read:
[ccgi.formulae.co.uk]

If you have a shared folder on your server thaat can be accessed from both sites, then RAT should be able to work across the both sites.
You need to transfer the INR.MDB database across to this folder.

In your situation you will have 2 separate INR.MDB files that will have diferent patients on them. You will have to choose one and then the others to it. There is no method of joining the 2 seaprate files.
Colm Rafferty

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software