RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
unable to access rat from anohter PC
Posted by: Moira McGrath ()
Date: 03 October, 2008 11:26AM

I have installed Rat onto another PC from the original CD the patients have come across but I am unable to amend or add new patients and the dates are not being updated, they are all at April as being the last time there warfarin was checked. I have also tried putting rat on to the P: drive but it is still not working any suggestions. I am also unable to backup rat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: unable to access rat from anohter PC
Posted by: C Rafferty ()
Date: 03 October, 2008 12:02PM

Dear Moira,
You are getting this problem because the PCs are not reading the same database file.

Firstly you need to update to the latest version of RAT
Click on the link below and run the downloaded file on each PC that uses RAT (Make sure RAT is not running at the time)
[www.formulae.co.uk]

As regards networking RAT, click on the link below .
[ccgi.formulae.co.uk]
It outlines how to go about doing so.

GO TO YOUR ORIGINAL RAT PC
The main file to consider is INR.MDB.
This is the main database file that stores all the patient details.
One your first PC it will probably be at C:\program files\Rat version 3
To confirm this, start RAT, go to top menu and choose 'Help'. A submenu will appear. Choose 'About RAT'
A window will appear. You will see a reference to the path where INR.MDB is stored.

If you want to use RAT on more than one PC, you need to copy this INR.MDB file to the shared folder on your server. Create a sub folder in the shared folder and call it 'RAT database' or something similar.
You then need to point your first PC to this file on the server.
To do this go to the top menu on RAT
Go to the menu item Database->Change network database
A popup window will appear.
From the pull-down combo box, choose 'network neighbourhood'
You then need to find the EMIS server and the shared folder.
Once you get to it the INR file will appear.
Click OK once you have selected it.

To confirm you are now reading the INR.MDB file on the shared folder
Go to top menu again and choose 'Help'. A submenu will appear. Choose 'About RAT'
A window will appear. You will see a new reference to the path where INR.MDB is stored.
It will be something like '\\server\shared\RAT database\INR.MDB'

To repeat on a second PC you need to install the full copy of RAT from the website
[www.formulae.co.uk]
and then repeat the procedure to link to the shared folder.

It is best not to have too many PCs using RAT as you could have too many users meddling with INR results. Also when updating RAT you need to update each PC , so the more PCs that have RAT, the more laborious this is.

I hope this all makes sense
Regards
Colm Rafferty

Options: ReplyQuote

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software