RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
Problems Networking RAT Database
Posted by: Caroline Davies ()
Date: 12 July, 2004 01:47PM

We have recently recieved the installation disc for RAT v3.7, I have installed it on only two PCs for now as I am having problems networking the database, when I select the network path of the database I recieve the following error:
Problem with Setup database, may be corrupted Contact network administrator.
If I then try and close RAT i recieve the following error:
Run-time error '3051'
The micosoft jet database engine cannot open the file '\\bkwgp0972\rat db\inr.mdb. it is already open exclusively be another user, or you need permission to view the data.
I have checked the PC where the database is residing and it is not open and I have re-booted the PC to make sure, I have checked the permissions and everything is set correctly.
These are both Windows 98 machines.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Caroline

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems Networking RAT Database
Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 12 July, 2004 04:51PM

Dear Caroline,

Does RAT work OK on the first PC?

If so, go to the second PC and delete the folder:
C:\Program files\RAT Version 3.
Then reinstall RAT on the second PC using the installation disc.

Sounds like RAT does not like the network path:
'\\bkwgp0972\rat db\inr.mdb'

Though in theory it should work!

You could try placing the INR.MDB database on another PC to test a different path or better still, on a shared folder on the server as a test.

Colm Rafferty

Posted by: Donald McGeachy ()
Date: 21 July, 2004 12:53PM

I too am having the same problem having moved into a new building and attempted to network RAT. I have tried all of the above but keep receiving the same errors. All machines are XP pro with Windows 2000 server. Any solutions would be welcomed by my practice nurses

Posted by: Jackie Henderson ()
Date: 14 September, 2004 02:44PM

We have been using RAT programme since June. Intermittently GPs and nurses are unable to access the programme and the message is "problem with setup database may be corrupted". Our IT support have been out 2-3 times to identify the problem, and the message seems to be that RAT is corrupted to the server. We have been advised now to seek support from supplier.
I will be grateful for your help.

Date: 14 September, 2004 04:11PM

I too am still unable to install Rat on a second machine and the access the database on another. Same error messages as above. Would really appreciate some help

Date: 16 September, 2004 09:17PM

Dear Donald/Jackie,
RAT is primarily a single use piece of software.
With many users wanting to have network facilities I developed the functionality to allow this to happen.

Unfortunately there are many network setups that RAT may not work with.

There are many practices out there with successful implementations of RAT on a network.

I would welcome users to detail instances where RAT does work successfully and those where it does not. There are so many permutations/variables of different operating systems, network setups, servers and permissions settings on folders.

Otherwise it would be very difficult to track down where things are going wrong.

I know this does not help greatly.

One important thing to bear in mind, You must have RAT fully installed in each PC that you want to network and not just the update file. To check this, go to the 'C:\Program files\Rat Version 3' folder. There must be at least 8 files in this folder on each PC.

I do not support networking RAT as it not wise to start changing network settings without the permission of your clinical supplier.

Browse this support forum and look for others networking RAT and email them to see if they have any possible solutions for you.

Colm Rafferty

Date: 09 November, 2004 11:12AM

I recently solved a network problem with a practice.

They were having similiar problems as above.
They were unable to store the INR.MDB file on one PC and have the other PCs pointing to it.

They had a shared drive on their server called the 'F' drive.
We copied the INR.MDB file to there and pointed all the RAT PCs to it and it seemed to work OK.

If users are getting the error.
'Corrupt setup database...' this is because the path link to the INR.MDB is faulty.
To solve this and start again try downloading and copying the file below to the:
'C:\Program files\Rat Version 3\' folder
[www.formulae.com]

Colm Rafferty

Date: 09 November, 2004 11:31AM

I had to give up in the end and buy alternative software which works well across the network

Posted by: shakirah ()
Date: 12 February, 2008 02:51AM

What is the solution for run time error 3051?

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software