RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
runtime error 3204 on backing up
Posted by: Iain McBride ()
Date: 11 October, 2006 10:41AM

On attempting to back up to a floppy, we get a warning of "runtime error 3205, database already exists".
For the meantime have copied the database to another computer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: runtime error 3204 on backing up
Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 14 October, 2006 09:17AM

Dear Iain,
Check the filesize, it might be bigger then 1.4MB

Rather than relying on floppy, the easiest method of backing up is to simply copy the INR.MDB file to a datakey or somewhere else on the network.

If you are using RAT on one OC the INR.MDB will be in the C:\Program files\Rat Version 3 folder.

If you use RAT on multiple PCs then you will have put the INR.MDB file somewhere else. Some practices put it in a folder on the server, and this way it gets backed up every night along with your clinical system. (though you need to confirm this with your supplier)

Regards
Colm Rafferty

Re: runtime error 3204 on backing up
Posted by: Kathryn Hartley ()
Date: 19 October, 2007 06:43AM

I am working on a Programme called InstaCat. We are creating a Disc Catalogue.
We have 21 Categories (they call them Catalogues) and in those 21 are numerous Sub-Categories. When you back-up, you "build to CD ROM" Category by category into a folder on the PC.

I created an original backup, and since found errors, After correction in the InstaCat Builder, it won't (back-up) accept the new changes. I keep getting this error 3204 when trying to "overwright" the origingal with new changes?

I am not a computer boff. I have tried to delete the original back up from file and recycle bin, but it still shoots up Error 3204. Am I making sense? Can you help me?

Regards
Kathryn

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software