RAT Support Forum 

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchPrint View
Run Time Error 339
Posted by: Aileen Wilson ()
Date: 10 October, 2006 10:00AM

Have undated RAT to V3.7. Tried to run the audit facility and received the above run time error stating component 'SMTHL32.OCX' or one of tis dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

What do I need to do. RAT is running otherwise Ok

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Run Time Error 339
Posted by: Colm Rafferty ()
Date: 10 October, 2006 04:14PM

Dear Aileen,
I am suspicious that you do not have the full RAT installation on the PC that you are using.
If you go to the 'C:\Program files\Rat version 3' folder you should find at least 8 files.
If you have only run the update, there will be only 3-4 files.
Some practices only install RAT on the server and then 'missing files' faults occur.

Do you store the database file 'INR.MDB' on the server?
To find out, go to the top menu. Choose the word 'Help'. A submenu will appear. Choose 'About RAT'. You will see a path.
If the INR.MDB is stored locally it will read 'C:\Program files\Rat Version 3' otherwise it may read '\\..' which means that the INR.MDB file is stored somewhere on the network.

I suggest doing a full install of the RAT software on this PC.
Download the 5MB file from the website www.formulae.com
Before doing so it is important to rename the 'C:\Program files\RAT Version 3' folder to 'rattemp' as a temporary folder.

Now double-click the downloaded file.
The fresh install will copy all the relevant files onto this PC.
It will also copy a fresh empty INR.MDB database into the newly created 'Rat Version 3' folder.

The next step is to either re-link to your existing INR.MDB database depending on where the path was.
If it was locally, it is just a matter of copying the INR.MDB file from the 'rattemp' folder to the 'RAT Version 3' folder. Otherwise you need to re-link to the database by starting RAT, going to the top menu. Choose database . A submenu will appear. Choose 'Change network database' and link to the path found above.

I hope this all makes sense
Colm Rafferty

Options: ReplyQuote

Go to: Message ListSearch
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Please note RAT should only be used by health professionals familiar with warfarin management
     Copyright 1996-2020 formulae software